Congratulations on following this challenge for the past two months. You have definitely created some lasting habits now.
In the last two months we have created stretching habits together:
This mini yoga challenge of a few minutes a day doesn’t end there! From next week, another theme awaits you!
The rise of the challenge
- At the beginning of this challenge, we asked you to do 5 minutes of stretching every day using the trackers provided each week. Each week you have a new tracker available on this website and in our facebook group.
- In the second month we have spiced things up a bit by asking you to go from 5 minutes of daily stretching to 10 minutes. These ten minutes can be a combination of MONTH 1 exercises + MONTH 2 exercises or just stretch for 10 minutes with the exercises that feel good!
So you see, we are building up to a crescendo!
For the next month, we will ask you to do 15 minutes of stretching every day! It’s not that far-fetched now that you have the right stretching habits in place, the minutes can add up quickly.
For those of you new around here, here’s how the challenge works:
How the yoga challenge works
- 1 blog post every Monday, with a new TRACKER each week
- Choose the family of stretches you want to work on
- Stretch EVERY day of the week, you can change the family of stretches as you wish.
- Find a Theory article EVERY Thursday to learn more about your health!
What the weeks look like
Each week, you will find the following themes. The exercises correspond to the area of the body we are targeting, but the pattern of exercise categories is repeated.
We suggest the following organization for 1 MONTH:
- 1st week of the month: static stretches of the proposed theme
- 2nd week of the month: dynamic stretching on the proposed theme
- 3rd week of the month: restorative/restorative YOGA postures
- 4th week of the month: Partner Yoga postures
The month is more than organized since you will find a little bit of everything during your practice. You are free to combine the different trackers you have. If you prefer the exercises from the beginning of the month, feel free to use some of them if you think they can help you!
The purpose of the YOGA challenge
We want to introduce you to yoga in a simple and intuitive way. With all the exercises accumulated and repeated, you will acquire good daily stretching habits without even thinking about it.
This way, your catalog of postures and stretches will grow, and you will be able to take care of your own little body.
Presentation of little-practiced disciplines such as Partner Yoga and Restorative: These practices are for us daily practices, and that’s why we want to share with you the benefits of having such discipline in your day.
Creating autonomy; at the end of the year, you will be ready to be completely autonomous with your stretching. You will have plenty of tools to create your own mini YOGA sequence with all the ones you have learned and practiced!
So stick around because this challenge continues! Don’t forget to join the facebook group if you haven’t already.